COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
While 2020 has been an interesting year to say the least, we are excited that we are able to open our doors and welcome each every one of you. We have worked very hard to make sure that we create an environment where you feel safe. We do not take your decision to visit Presque Isle Downs lightly.
While we all have come to understand that this situation is very fluid and that things can change in an instant, we are working very closely with our regulators, state and local government officials to ensure that we exceed the safety expectations that have been set forth.
I encourage you to review the guidelines that are listed here to help put your mind at ease. Out goal is for each of you to be able to once again have fun but in a safe, clean, and sanitized environment. Your health matters to all of us. And I hope this helps to ease your mind and know that we are working very hard to make sure that your return visit brings you peace of mind.
We just ask that our guesta and our team members follow the outlined guidelines so that we can continue to limit and stop the spread of COVID-19.
Vice President & General Manager
Presque Isle Downs & Casino
All guests and team members are required to a temperature check prior to entering the building.
Any Guest or Team Member with a temperature of 100.0 or higher will not be allowed into our building. Anyone exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (such as coughing, chills, and shortness of breath) after entering may be asked to leave.
Team Members are also required to answer questions regarding exposute and symptoms during the temperature check screening.
Entry For Guests Has Been Reduced To Three Entrances:
1. North Entrance – Closest to I-90
2. Main Entrance – Front of the Casino Building
3. South Entrance – Entrance facing the Administration Building
Entry For Team Members:
1. All Team Members must enter through the Casino Employee Entrance for health screening.
2. All Administration Building Team Members must go through the Casino Employee Entrance prior to entering the Administration Building.
3. All Team Members must answer the following questions:
a. Have you, within the last 14 days, had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19?
b. Have you, within the last 14 days, experienced any of the symptoms of COVID-19?
If you can answer yes to either question, stay home. Call your supervisor and HR at 814-866-8744.
4. If Team Members are visiting Human Resources during their off hours, the Operator, located on the 2nd floor in the Administration Building, will provide a Temperature Check prior to being allowed entry.
All Guests and Team members are required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times.
The facial coverings can include face shields that cover the nose and mouth to below the chin. Team members are provided masks during their COVID-19 Orientation class.
Guests may only temporarily remove their mask when eating, drinking, or smoking outside (in designated smoking areas), and strongly encourage washing their hands immediately after.
FORGOT YOUR MASK?
Should a guest or team member forget their mask, Security will provide a disposable mask. No one is permitted to enter without a face covering.
All guests and team members are required to abide by the 6 feet of social distancing per CDC Guidelines
There are queuing lines located throughout the casino to help our guests and our team members maintain at least six-foot distance.
To help ensure social distancing, some slot machines have been placed out of service. The more popular slot themes have placed plexi-glass barriers between the games to ensure safety where 6 feet is not possible.
All table games are currently open including the Fusion hybrid table games. There is a three to four person limit at all table games (each game will designate availability). Craps is limited to six players. The dice is sanitized in between each shooter. Chips are washed every 24 hours with a cleaner that eliminates any contaminants for a 48-hour period. Plexi-glass shields have been placed between the Fusion hybrid table games and the Craps tables where social distancing is not possible.
TEAM MEMBER BREAK AREAS
Tables have been spaced in the Employee Cafe to ensure the 6 feet guideline. The Backstretch Buffet has been converted to an extension of the Employee Cafe. Food may be purchased in the Employee Cafe or The INCafe through the AVI Vending Machines. Please see Human Resources for details on setting up and maintaining your account. Cleaning solution and disposable paper towels are provided in each area for team members to sanitize the table and chair once you are ready to exit the area. Paper cups are provided in the Employee Cafe and cannot be re-used. Pelase dispose your paper cup and replace with a new paper cup when refilling your beverage.
In order to follow the current state and local guidelines on gathering size for events, Presque Isle Downs will host a spectatorless race meet during 2020. Wagering can be done in the upstairs mutuels location or online at twinspires.com
Every other window will be configured to maintain six feet apart. Barriers will be utilized between the guest and team member.
In order to maintain proper 6-feet guidelines, kiosks have been disabled and queues established on the floor to prevent guests from congregating. There are 39 of the 50 self-wagering units available. Every other seat has been removed from the Sports Book area.
We have implemented new cleaning protocols that deep clean the casino floor in its entirety each day
The Sanitizing Team will be responsible for disinfecting the high-touch areas such as slot machines, table game rails, ATM’s, kiosks, door handles, seats, elevator buttons, rails, etc. The Sanitizing Team will be in flourescent shirts so that they are highly visible to our guests. Guest Services, Mutuels and Player Development will also sanitize their window after each guest visit.
There are sanitizing wipes located through the casino floor for our guests to wipe down slot machines, ATM’s, kiosks, etc.
All guests and team members are encourages to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the casino floor, restaurants, and break areas to assist our guests and team members.
Gloves are available at Guest Services, Security or Player Development for any guest or team member.
The following CDC Signage has been placed throughout the casino, television monitors, slot screen, and employee areas:
(1) SYMPTOM CHECKS
a. Fever or chills
c. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
e. Muscle or body aches
g. New loss of taste or smell
h. Sore throat
i. Congestion or runny nose
j. Nausea or vomiting
(2) STOP THE SPREAD
a. Stay at least 6 feet apart
b. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and wash your hands
c. Wear a mask
d. Do not touch your face
e. Clean and disinfect
f. Stay home when you are sick
g. Wash your hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds
(3) Symptom Checks – Wear a mask in public
(4) Stop The Spread – Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
(5) Stop The Spread – Stay 6 feet apart
Property Safety Protocols | Guests
All guests will be required to receive a Health Screening before entry.
Face masks will need to be lowered briefly for identification purposes and temperature scan. Temperatures of 100+ will not be permitted inside the casino. Any guest who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 during their visit may be asked to leave. The guest may return in accordance with the guidelines issued by the CDC and the state and local Health Departments
Those Symptons include, but are not limited to:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Facial coverings will be required inside the casino at all times.
Masks may not be removed at the table game area for any reason.
A temporary smoking ban has been established inside the casino building. An area outside of the Main Entrance has been designated as the Smoking Area.
Signage has been placed throughout the property to remind guests and team members of the proper CDC protocols on slowing and stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Property Safety Protocols | Unavailable Amenities & Activities
Presque Isle Downs & Casino has temporarily suspended the following operations:
- Shuttle Buses
- Valet Parking
- Coat Check
- Large Events & Giveaways
- Motorcoach Groups
- Live Entertainment
- Downstairs Mutuels
- LBV Steakhouse
- The INCafe
- The Backstretch Buffet
- Refreshment Row. Complimentary coffee, tea and cocoa are available at The Hub Center Bar. Soft drinks and bottled water are available for $1.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the casino floor. Per the Governor and Health Secretary, alcohol may only be purchased at a table with food in Churchill’s Bourbon & Brew
Property Safety Protocols | Facilities
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino is open 24/7. We opened Friday, Juny 26, 2020 at 12:00 pm
- You must be 21 to enter Presque Isle Downs & Casino. (This includes all restaurants as well)
- Three designated entrances for guests have been utilized with a designed entrance and exit for guests. (The South Entrance utilizes the same entry and exit points.)
- One designed entrance for Team Members.
- State and Local government officials have designated that no more than 50% occupancy be permitted inside the casino based upon the fire code.
- State and Local government officials have designed that no more than 25% occupancy be permitted inside the restaurants based upon the fire code.
Property Safety Protocols | Social Distancing
- Floor and wall signage have been placed throughout the property to remind our guests and team members of the importance of maintaining at least six feet apart.
- Queuing Lines – Six foor spacing has been designated at all entrance points, Guest Services, Player Development, Mutuels, Churchill’s Bourbon & Brew, inside restrooms, ATMs, kiosks, and employee facial time scanners.
- Table Games – All table games are currently open, including the Fusion hybrid table games. There is a three to four person limit at all table games (each game will designate availability). Craps is limited to six players. Plexi-glass shields have been placed between the Fusion hybrid table games and the Craps tables where social distancing is not possible.
- Slot Machines – There are currently over 1,000 slot machines available to our guests. In some slot banks, every other slot machine has been placed out of service. The more popular slot themes have placed plexi-glass barriers between the games to ensure safety where six feet is not possible.
- Mutuels – Physical distance between windows with designated queuing lines will help ensure both our guests and team mebers are physically distant. For contactless transactions, there are self-wagering units located through Churchill’s Bourbon & Brew on each level. Wagering is also permitted at www.twinspires.com.
- Racing – To ensure that proper state and local guidelines are being followed for events and gatherings, Presque Isle Downs has opted to remain spectatorless.
- Food & Beverage – In order to meet the state and local guidelines for bars and restaurants, tables and chairs have been removed or signage placed on tables to place them out of service.
- Churchill’s Bourbon & Brew:
- Hours of operation 11:00am – 9:00pm
- 25% occupancy – limited to four people at a table of the same group. Tables and chairs have been removed to accomodate the occupancy order. Other tables have signage that places them temporarily out of service.
- A disposable limited menu is available to each guest
- All food is served in disposable, self-contained “to-go” style packaging including beverage containers and utensils.
- No bar seating is available
- Alcohol may only be purchased and consumed from a table with your meal.
- The INCafe offers self-service vending options and available 24/7 with cash, credit or debit.
- Bars are not permitted to be open.
- Soft drinks are available for purchase.
- Churchill’s Bourbon & Brew:
- Sports Wagering – In order to maintain proper 6-feet guidelines, kiosks have been disabled and queus establish on the floor to prevent guests from congregating. There are 39 of the 50 self-wagering units available. Every other seat has been removed from the Sports Book area.
- Work Schedules & Work Spaces – Team members may have their work schedules staggered to promote social distancing. Lunches and breaks will also be staggered to encourage proper social distancing guidelines are maintained.
- Meetings – We encourage all meetings be conducted by telephone or video conferencing where feasible. When meetings must be conducted in person, the six-feet social distancing requirement must be met with masks fully in place.
Property Safety Protocols | Cleaning & Disinfecting Public & Administrative Space
- We have implemented new cleaning protocols that deep clean the casino floor in its entirety each day. The Sanitizing Team will be responsible for disinfecting the high-touch areas such as slot machines, table game rails, ATM’s, kiosks, door handles, seats, elevator buttons, rails, etc. The Sanitizing Team will be in flourescent shirts so that they are highly visible to our guests. Guest Services, Mutuels and Player Development will also sanitize their window after each guest visit.
- The Sanitizing Team does a deep clean of the entire public space daily using hispital grade disinfectants.
- There are sanitizing wipes located throughout the casino floor for our guests to wipe down slot machines, ATM’s, kiosks, surfaces, etc
- Frequent cleaning of shares and common spaces for team members. This includes copiers, printers, fax machines, counter tops, mail slots, doorknobs, elevator buttons, seats, meeting romm space, tools, equipment, etc
- Should a positive or probably COVID-19 guest or team member access any area, that area will be immediately disinfected following the recommendations of the CDC and the Pennsylvania Health Department relative to a confirmed or probably case of COVID-19.
Property Safety Protocols | Team Members
Team members who are able to return to their job duties will undergo Orientation to review the COVID-19 Plan on expectations for all returning team members, promocols, and responsibilites for each department.
ENTRY FOR TEAM MEMBERS:
- All Team Members must enter through the Casino Employee Entrance for health screening.
- All team members will be required to receive a Health Screening before entry. Face masks will need to be lowered briefly for identification purposes and temperature scan. Temperatures of 100+ will not be permitted to work. Any team member who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 during work may be asked to leave. The team member may return in accordance with the guidelines issued by the the CDC and the state and local Health Departments.
Those symptoms include, but are not limited it:
- Fevers or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All Administration Building team members must go through the Casino Employee Entrance prior to entering the Administration Building.
- All Team Members must answer the following questions:
- Have you within the last 14 days had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19?
- Have you within the last 14 days experienced any symptoms of COVID-19?
- If team members are visiting Human Resources during their off hours, the Operator, located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, will provide a Temperate Check prior to being allowed entry.
- All team members are required to a mask or facial covering at all times. The facial covering can include face shields that cover the nose and mouth to below the chin. Team members are provided masks during their COVID-19 Orientation class. Should a team member forget their mask, Security will provide a disposable mask.
- The team member smoking area has been temporarily relocated outside the Buffet inside the fenced off area. Team members are reminded to disinfect the tables and dispose of trash prior to leave the area.
- Signage has been placed throughout the property to remind guests and team member of the proper CDC protocols on slowing and stopping the spread of COVID-19.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (Supervisors, Managers, Directors)
- Each and every one of you are responsible for ensuring not just your area, but every place you encounter on property are following the established guidelines.
- If you see or suspect someone is sick or showing any signs of COVID-19, you are to report this to Human Resources immediately. Direct the team member to their health care provider and HR. (Do not send them to HR – Have them call 814-866-8477)
- The Department Directors and Security Management have established regular daily Social Distance Walkthrough Checklist to make sure that both team members and guests are following the approved guidelines. Issued are reported immediately so that action can be taken to address and correct where necessary.
What happens when the team member is sick or potentially sick with COVID-19?
- Rule #1, if you’re sick, STAY HOME! Do not come in. Call your supervisor immediately and let them know that it is potentially COVID related. Report this to HR immediately. 814-866-8744
- If you are out of work and you display and type of COVID-related symptoms, you will be seen by the on-duty EMT who can be contacted directly or through your supervisor.
- If you have been exposed to someone who is probably for COVID-19, you must self-quarantine for 14-days or unless that person tests negative for COVID-19. Should their test be positive, you are to quarantine for 14-days from date of last contact unless you are able to get a COVID-19 test and results are negative.
- Should you travel to a location or state that our state and local government have placed on the travel-restricted list, you are to self-quarantine for 14-days. The list of states are listed on Pennsylvania’s Department of Health website.
- Once Human Resources is alerted to a confirmed case, notifications will be made to the local health department and the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board as established.
- Presque Isle Downs will utilize Surveillance for contact tracing to determine all persons who have come into close contact with the infected team member during the previous 14 days.
- Team Members who have symptoms of COVID-19 or has a positive COVID-19 test may not return to work until:
- At least 14 days from date tested with or without symptoms
- Team members who were exposed through close contact with an individual who tests positive or is suspected of having COVID-19 may not return to work until:
- At least 14 days have passed since date of close contact with the individual OR
- The individual receives a negative test.
The bottom line is that it is up to each one of us to play our part to make sure that these established federal, state and local guidelines are being followed and action is taken to correct inconsistencies.
What about my Free Play Offers?
In order to maintain a clean and safe gaming experience with adequate social distancing, new limited Free Play offers have been mailed. The mailings have been reduced by 50% to ensure that we are able to enforce our 50% capacity requirements.
What about Promotions, Drawings, Giveaways, Senior Days, etc.?
All promotions, except for our New Member, Birthday, Anniversary and Email Bonus promotions, have been temporarily suspended to help maintain a clean and safe gaming experience with adequate social distancing. We will begin incorporating contactless promotions such as point multipliers and random machines winners.
What will happen to my players club Tier Status Points?
We are postponing Tier downgrades until January 1, 2021. Your Players Club Tier Status Points will not expire or change during our temporary closing or reopening. If your points expired during the closure, as a courtesy we will add those points to your card.
Will my Points or Comp Dollars expire?
No. However, if your points expired during the closure, as a courtesy, we will add those points to your card. Please visit Guest Services for assistance.
Are wheelchairs and scooters still available?
Wheelchairs will be available on a first come, first serve basis through Security at each entrance. Scooters will not be available during this time.
Will lottery ticket sales be available?
Lottery ticket sales and ticket cashing will be available.
Am I still able to get a cash advance?
Yes, but we have altered our hours that this can be done. Monday – Wednesday 8:00am to 12:30am; Friday & Saturday 8:00am to 4:00am; Sunday & Thursday 8:00am to 1:30am. We encourage our guests to visit Guest Services after those house to learn how to obtain a credit line.