Register Your Horse or Get More Info at Presque Isle Downs in Erie, PA!
Stall Applications Are Now Available:
*Both forms must be completed when applying for the 2023 live racing season.
Horseman’s Bookkeeper- Required Information:
- Contact Information: Address, Phone Number and Email Address
- A voided check (to set up ACH Payment)
- W-9 Form: A new W-9 is required each year
- Foreign accounts: we require the same information as above in addition to proof of US taxpayer ID and W-8 BEN claiming a country with a valid treaty or a 30% withholding will apply.
- Can be faxed, emailed or scanned prior to racing. It is very important that we receive a completed W-9 in order to establish your account correctly with us.
- Also, you may request your Incompass unique login for your Presque Isle Downs Horseman’s Account by contacting the bookkeeper at [email protected].
- 2023 Wire Fees (In or Out) will be $25.00
- PAHBPA Purse Release Agreement – Please contact the HBPA for more information at (814) 860-8990 or email [email protected]. (PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT MANDATORY- it is strictly only optional for your purse to be released after 24 hours and you will be held responsible for any monies owed per the PA Racing Commission due to failed drug test. Without this document your purse will be held until the PA Racing Commission releases it.)
Disbursement of Horsemen’s Accounts:
Purse funds are available for request 24 hours after your horse has ran, even with a pay-back form on file. Any horses that had a test drawn from the Pennsylvania Racing Commission may not be requested until after the commission has formally released the horse.
All funds will be in the form of ACH Payments. Please email or drop off a copy of a voided check along with your ACH form in order for your account to be set up for payment. Effective immediately there will be absolutely no transers in between Horseman’s accounts.
PAHBPA Purse Release Agreement – Please contact HBPA for more information at (814) 860-8990 or email [email protected].
Partnerships, LLC’s, INC’s, CORP’s, etc…
Corporations, INC’s, and LLC’s (with Federal ID Number) accounts are only dispersed in the corporation name. Individuals and partnerships will have the payment made payable to the name of the account, owner of record, or authorized agent.
If a horse runs in the name of a partnership, the payment will be made to whomever provided the voided check for ACH payments. The Bookkeepers DO NOT pay out percentages to different partners. It is the responsibility of the partnership to disburse the money accordingly.
Acceptable forms of Deposit for “Claiming” Purposes/Wire Information:
Funds can be placed in the account in the form of US Currency, Certified Check, Cashier Check, Money Orders, Wire Transfers*, a WV, PA or MD Racetrack Horsemen Bookkeeping Office Check**, or transfer from an existing account of the same owner. No personal check or third-party check will be accepted. All personal & business checks will have a 7 day hold on the account for the amount on the check before it is clear and available.
Any negotiable instruments presented will require the bookkeeping office to verify the validity from the issuer. All checks should be made out to PID, LLC.
*Please remember to add the $25 Wire Fee with your wire, or your claim will be voided due to insufficient funds
**With accompanying account statement
Presque Isle Downs Wiring Info:
Beneficiary Bank Name: PNC Bank
Bank Address: (if needed) Two Plaza 620 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15265
Bank Routing Number: 043000096
Beneficiary Account: 1028968237
Please include the following information with your wire:
-Your Name & Name of Horseman’s Account it should be deposited to
*This is very important to ensure your wire goes where it belongs in a timely manner. ALSO do not forget the $25 wire charge.
Provide Sufficient Lead Time Sending a Wire
Wire transfers are the responsibility of the owner/trainer to initiate with sufficient time so the wire will be received the day before the event time or the deadline. No money will be credited to the account unless the Company Bank verified the receipt of the funds with our bank. If the funds have not been acknowledged by the end of the full business day prior to the event or deadline, the funds may not be available.
Racing Charges Deducted From Owner’s Accounts
The Horseman’s Bookkeeper’s Office will deduct the owner accounts for jockey fees, HBPA, Lasix fees, nomination fees, entry fees, starting fees, photographs, Veterinary Lasix charges, treasury liens, fines by the Pennsylvania Racing Commission and court ordered levies.