The Pick 5 requires selection of the first place finisher in each of the designated 5 races. The net Pick 5 pool and carryover, if any, shall be distributed as a single price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in each of the Pick 5 contests, based upon the official order of finish. If there are no such wagers, then 75% of the net pool shall be distributed as a single price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in the greatest number of Pick 5 contests; and the remaining 25% shall be added to the carryover.
If there is a dead heat for first in any of the Pick 5 contests involving:
Contestants representing the same betting interest, the Pick 5 pool shall be distributed as if no dead heat occurred;
Contestants representing two or more betting interests, the Pick 5 pool shall be distributed as a single price pool with each winning wager receiving an equal share of the profit.
If a betting interest in any of the Pick 5 contests is scratched, the actual favorite, as evidenced by total amounts wagered in the Win Pool for the contest at the close of wagering and after the final cycle received on that contest, shall be substituted for the scratched betting interest for all purposes, including pool calculations. In the event that the Win Pool total for two or more favorites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest with the lowest program number.
The Pick 5 pool shall be cancelled and all Pick 5 wagers for the individual performance shall be refunded if:
At least three contests included as part of the Pick 5 are cancelled or declared “no contest”;
If at least one contest included as part of the Pick 5 is cancelled or declared “no contest”, But not more that (2), the net pool shall be distributed as a single price pool to those whose selection finished first in the greatest number of Pick 5 contests for that performance. The distribution shall include the portion ordinarily retained for the Pick 5 carryover, but not the carryover from previous performances.